Back to top
Apple Pie Cake
When you don’t feel like rolling out pie crusts or you just want to change things up, the family will love this easy dessert – fresh, thinly sliced apples tossed in butter and cinnamon, baked into a tender cake and served with vanilla ice cream.
- 9 cups (about 9) Granny Smith or Honey Crisp apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sifted Swans Down®️ Cake Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- PREHEAT oven to 350℉. Combine apples, 1/2 stick butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl and toss well. Transfer apples to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt; mix well and set aside.
- CREAM remaining butter and sugar, using a hand mixer, until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time; then add vanilla.
- ADD in flour mixture, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, and beat until just combined.
- SPREAD batter over apples and bake for 55 minutes. Cool slightly and serve with vanilla ice cream.