- 1/2 stick - butter, softened
- 1/2 cup - vinegar
- 2 teaspoons - salt
- 2 cloves - garlic, minced
- 3 cups - tomato sauce
- TryMe Tenneessee Sunshine Sauce
- 3/4 cups - salad oil
- 2 tablespoons - brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon - dry mustard
- 1 - onion, minced
- 4 - broilers, quartered
- Melt butter and combine with salad oil and vinegar.
- Add sugar, salt, dry mustard, garlic, onion and Tennessee Sunshine.
- Beat thoroughly with egg beater.
- Marinate quartered chickens in dressing about an hour.
- Remove chickens, reserving dressing, and drain.
- Brown chickens in a little fat on grill, then place in a heavy skillet and cover with dressing to which tomato sauce has been added.
- Cover and let simmer about 30 minutes, until tender.