Chili Cheese Fries
Two favorite comfort foods come together for a fun side dish, snack or game-day indulgence. It’s easy to whip up some oven-baked fries and smother them with Carroll Shelby’s® Authentic Texas Style Chili and melted cheese. Lay out a bunch of fixings for everyone to make their own.
- 16 ounces chili (about 1/2 yield of 1 package) made using Carroll Shelby's® Chili Kit, heated through
- 14 ounces (1/2 of 28-ounce bag) frozen French fries
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons green onions, tops only, thinly sliced
- Jalapeños, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- PREHEAT oven according to French fry package instructions.
- LAY French fries on a sheet pan in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Bake according to package instructions.
- REMOVE fries and top with cheese; broil in the oven just until cheese is melted. Top cheese-covered fries with hot chili. Garnish with green onions, sour cream and chopped cilantro. Serve hot.