Back to top
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
These chocolatey muffins have an extra-fine crumb thanks to the addition of Swans Down® Cake Flour, and grated zucchini adds delightful texture and nutrients without interfering at all in the chocolate experience.
- 1 3/4 cups sifted Swans Down®️ Cake Flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or butter), melted
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini,squeezed and patted dry
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- PREHEAT oven to 350℉. Oil a 12-cup muffin pan or line it with paper liners.
- WHISK together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- WHISK together melted coconut oil, egg whites, vanilla extract and sugar in a large bowl. Add Greek yogurt and mix until no large lumps remain.
- ADD flour mixture alternating with milk into coconut oil and egg white mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in grated zucchini and chocolate chips.
- DIVIDE batter into muffin pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until tops are firm. Let cool in muffin cups.