Creamy Carolina-Style Slaw
Serve this colorful slaw as a delicious side with barbecued pork or anything smoked or grilled. The green cabbage stays crispy when chilled, so it’s a great make-ahead option for potlucks, picnics and parties.
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed, toasted
- Salt, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 medium head green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, stemmed and thinly sliced
- Combine vinegar, sugar, mayonnaise, mustard, celery seeds, mustard seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk well.
- Add cabbage, carrots and bell peppers to bowl and toss well.