Grilled Chicken Fajitas
Wick Fowler’s® Taco Seasoning makes an easy spice rub for grilling this fajita-style chicken to smoky perfection. Assemble all of the grilled ingredients on a platter with warm tortillas and toppings on the side, so everyone can make their own.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 package Wick Fowler’s®️ Famous Taco Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into thick strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into thick strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into thick strips
- 2 cups shishito peppers
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 (8-inch) tortillas, warmed on the grill
- Suggested toppings: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, black beans, cilantro, grated cheese
- Rub the chicken breasts with half of the taco seasoning.
- Toss the bell peppers, shishito peppers, onions, tomatoes, and lime quarters with 2 tablespoons olive oil, remaining taco seasoning and salt and pepper. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, about 400℉.
- Transfer bell peppers, shishito peppers, onions, tomatoes and lime quarters to the grill ( a grill basket or aluminum foil packet may be used) and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until charred and tender. Remove from grill to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm. Brush chicken with remaining tablespoon of olive oil and transfer to grill. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until cooked through with an internal temperature of 165℉. When done, transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill (either wrapped in foil or directly on grill). Arrange peppers, onions, tomatoes, limes and chicken on a large platter with warmed tortillas and assorted toppings on the side, and allow diners to prepare fajitas as they like.