Back to top
Half & Half
Golfing legend Arnold Palmer loved to drink iced tea mixed with lemonade over ice in a tall glass – and in a thermos on the golf course. Make his signature drink, known as a “Half & Half,” with strong, flavorful iced tea and tart, sweet lemon for the perfect refresher on a hot day.
- 1 large lemon
- 4 ½ cups cold water, divided
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Luzianne® Family Size Iced Tea bags or Cold Brew Iced Tea bags
- 1 quart store-bought lemonade
- Lemon wedges for garnish, if desired
- Using a vegetable peeler remove the zest from the lemon in long strips. Reserve the remaining lemon for another use.
- Prepare lemon syrup: Add the lemon zest, ½ cup water and sugar to a small saucepot. Stir. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved, about 90 seconds. Set aside to steep for 20 minutes. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the solids from the liquid, pressing on the solids with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids. Place syrup in refrigerator to cool.
- In a pitcher, steep 2 tea bags in 2 cups boiling water for 10 minutes. (Alternatively, steep 2 bags of Cold Brew Iced Tea in 2 cups cold water for 10 minutes.) Remove and discard tea bags. Add the 2 remaining cups water.
- Combine the tea, the lemonade, and the chilled syrup to taste, ¼ to ½ cup. Garnish with lemon wedges. Chill and serve over ice.