Ham Mousse Puffs
Turn deli ham into a delightfully delicate hors d’oeuvre in no time at all with help from Blue Plate® Mayonnaise. Swans Down Pâte à Choux puffs can be baked ahead of time and frozen, ready to be stuffed with this delicious mousse when it’s party time.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound deli ham, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 24 freshly baked Pâte à Choux puffs
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, heavy cream, lemon juice, Creole mustard, salt and cayenne pepper in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add ham and process until smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl, add green onions and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Transfer mousse to a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip and refrigerate until ready to use. (Mousse can be stored in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.)
- To assemble puffs, slice each puff in half, pipe the mousse onto each bottom half, replace tops and serve.