Back to top
Muffuletta Pasta Salad
Pickled veggies, olives and Italian cured meats and cheese are tossed in pasta with a light, creamy dressing, bringing together all the flavors of the classic New Orleans muffuletta (or muffaletta) sandwich – great for picnics, potlucks, poolside or Sunday brunch.
- 8 ounces ditalini pasta (or elbow macaroni)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and diced
- 2 ounces (about 1/2 cup) sliced salami, cut into strips
- 2 ounces (about 1/2 cup) sliced mortadella, cut into strips
- 2 ounces (about 1/2 cup) sliced capicola (or more salami)
- 2 ounces (about 1/2 cup) sliced provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups New Orleans-style Italian green olive salad
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop it from overcooking; place in a large bowl and toss the pasta with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Add red bell pepper, salami, mortadella, capicola, provolone and olive salad and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and vinegar and pour over pasta. Add parsley and mix to combine.
- Season to taste. (Be careful not to over-salt as the meats and olive salad already contain salt.)