Back to top
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- MIX sugar, lemon juice and water in a medium bowl until it resembles wet sand.
- HEAT sugar mixture in medium heavy bottomed pot until it turns golden and caramelized. (Do not stir. Once it starts to color, swirl pot to even out the sugar.)
- REMOVE caramelized sugar from heat.
- ADD the pecans and carefully stir with a wooden spoon. (Do not use metal spoon)
- POUR onto prepared sheet pan.
- COOL completely.
- BREAK into pieces (saving some for garnishing the top of the cake optional)
- PLACE in food processor and pulse until resembles sand.