Pumpkin Spice Latte Mini Bundt Cakes
Fill the kitchen with the comforting, spicy aroma of autumn with this simple cake recipe, which yields adorable individual bundt cakes. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar or top with a sweet espresso glaze. The recipe calls for 2 mini Bundt pans, each with 6 wells to make a total of 12 mini cakes.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 1/3 cups Swans Down® Cake Flour, sift before measuring
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree (pure pumpkin; not pie filling)
- Confectioner’s sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray 2 mini Bundt pans (each pan should have 6 wells each holding 1 cup of batter) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine sugars and oil in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on medium-low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, espresso powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture, alternately adding the pumpkin puree, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag or a measuring cup and pour about 1/2 cup batter into the wells of the mini bundt pans.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Garnish with confectioners’ sugar.
- KITCHEN TIPS
- For extra coffee flavor, top with a sweet espresso glaze:Latte Glaze
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in the microwave. Add the espresso powder and whisk until espresso is dissolved. Combine powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, butter and espresso mixture and mix well using a hand mixer. Pour glaze over cake. Allow the glaze to cool until it is firm, about 15 to 20 minutes, before slicing the cake.
- To make a full-size bundt cake with this batter, bake the cake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- The cakes will keep for 3 to 5 days in a sealed, airtight container in the refrigerator.