Back to top
Roasted Tiger Nuts
This nutty snack has just the right balance of spicy, sweet flavor to make it irresistible to family and party guests alike. You can also box it up to give as gifts during the holidays or anytime of year.
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 cups raw whole almonds
- 6 ounces unsalted butter (1½ sticks)
- 1 cup Tiger Sauce®
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a sheet pan with a silicone baking liner or parchment paper. If using parchment, spray the parchment with pan spray.
- Mix walnuts, pecans, cashews, pumpkin seeds and almonds in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place butter, Tiger Sauce, brown sugar and salt in a medium saucepan; cook and stir over medium low until the sugar has dissolved. Raise the heat to medium high and bring to a boil for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Pour the hot syrup over the nuts, using a heat-proof spatula or wooden spoon to mix the nuts until they are evenly coated with syrup. Transfer the mixture to prepared sheet pan, spreading them out to form an even layer.
- Bake, stirring halfway through to ensure even toasting, for 25 to 30 minutes or until syrup has reduced and nuts are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow nuts to cool completely. Once cooled, break apart any larger clumps of nuts into individual pieces. Store in an airtight container.