Spicy Chicken Salad Sandwiches
The combination of hot sriracha, cilantro and fresh mint makes this Spicy Chicken Salad recipe uniquely delicious. Use a rotisserie chicken, or bake the chicken yourself.
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups diced rotisserie chicken, or 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts and 2 large boneless skinless chicken legs or thighs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided use
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (green and white parts)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 3/4 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha hot chili sauce, or to taste
- 1 cup sliced pickles
- 4 sandwich buns, or other bread
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees if using fresh chicken. Season chicken in a bowl with 2 teaspoons salt, pepper and olive oil. Put the chicken on a baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes, until cooked through. Cool, then dice.
- PLACE chicken, onions, celery, cilantro, mint, mayonnaise, sriracha and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt in a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- TOAST buns or bread until golden brown.
- DIVIDE salad evenly on bottoms of the buns. Top with sliced pickles. Put tops on the sandwiches and press down lightly. Serve immediately.