Tiger Beef Queso Dip
8 to 10 servings
Beef, cheese, chilies and Tiger Sauce® combine to make a delicious hot dip that’s hearty enough to make a meal and sure to disappear before half-time on game day. Keep it hot by serving it in a small slow cooker or in a hot cast-iron pot or skillet, which not only looks great but will stay hot for a good while.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 tablespoons Tiger Sauce®
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (7-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Chopped fresh tomatoes and onion, for garnish
- Tortilla chips
- Place butter, white onion, beef and Tiger Sauce in a deep stock pot. Cook over medium heat until the beef is cooked through and the onions are translucent. Do not drain the fat.
- Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, then whisk in half and half, but do not allow it to boil. Season with salt.
- Add the tomatoes and chilies, stirring to incorporate.
- Continue to stir while incorporating small amounts of cheese until all melted.
- Turn heat to low and cook until thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped fresh tomatoes and onions, with tortilla chips for dipping.