Back to top
Do not discount this recipe because of the retro ingredients! Family and guests will love the flavors. The casserole can be assembled several hours ahead of time and refrigerated before cooking.
- 1 large (14-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, or 2 ½ cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1 can (10 ½ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 to 4 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 cup grated cheese, such as cheddar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- About ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- COOK broccoli until barely tender; drain well. When cool, combine in a large bowl with eggs, mayonnaise, undiluted soup, onion and cheese. Season generously with pepper.
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 1 ½- or 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- POUR mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly on top.
- BAKE about 45 minutes, until crumbs are browned and the dish is bubbly around the edges. Let sit a few minutes before serving. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Keeps up to 2 days.