Do not discount this recipe because of the retro ingredients! Family and guests will love the flavors. The casserole can be assembled several hours ahead of time and refrigerated before cooking.
- 1 large (14-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, or 2 ½ cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1 can (10 ½ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 to 4 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 cup grated cheese, such as cheddar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- About ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- COOK broccoli until barely tender; drain well. When cool, combine in a large bowl with eggs, mayonnaise, undiluted soup, onion and cheese. Season generously with pepper.
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 1 ½- or 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- POUR mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly on top.
- BAKE about 45 minutes, until crumbs are browned and the dish is bubbly around the edges. Let sit a few minutes before serving. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Keeps up to 2 days.