Sustainable Cup program.
Our raw ingredient sourcing team works hard to find the best quality coffee, purchasing from organizations that ensure it is grown using responsible labor and farming practices. We also support community investments and sustainable production best practices, including soil health, water and energy management and yield improvement.
Our 2025 goal: Increase traceability and sustainability programs for coffee, prioritizing farm-level renovation and yield improvement
- In 2018, launched the Sustainable Cup Project, Reily’s coffee sustainability program
- Planting 440,000 disease- and drought-resistant coffee seedlings in Central America annually
- Engaged LIFT program to support an entire cluster of small-holder farmers in Honduras with technical training
- Actively supporting key industry organizations and initiatives
- Joined and made commitments to the Sustainable Coffee Challenge in 2020
Our iconic Luzianne Tea brand is known for sourcing premium tea leaves from five continents, but what’s less widely known is that we’ve long taken an aggressive approach to social responsibility. For over two decades we’ve implemented a fair price structure with importers and suppliers at origin. More recently we’ve engaged third-party organizations including the Rainforest Alliance to verify the responsible production of our raw tea supply.
Our 2025 goal: 50% of tea from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms
- Fair price structure has been in place with importers and suppliers at origin for 20+ years
- 10% of current caffeinated tea supply is from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms
- Committed to have 30% of our tea supply from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms in 2021
Reily Foods is committed to the humane treatment of animals in our supply chain. Our suppliers are required to hold FACTA third-party verified animal welfare certification, which does not allow animal abuse and sets standards for basic animal welfare. We are working with our consumers and suppliers to explore further options.