Cinnamon Scented Devil’s Food Cupcakes
- (30) 2 1/2 inch-wide by 1 1/2 inch-high paper panettone molds
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups freshly brewed New England® Coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (about 7 oz) mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla or almond frosting
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly spray insides of 30 paper molds with nonstick spray; arrange paper molds on 2 large rimmed baking sheets.
- Sift flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Combine sugar, coffee, buttermilk, oil, eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla in another large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg mixture until blended.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Beat on medium speed until blended, scraping bowl occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each paper mold.
- Bake cupcakes, 1 sheet at a time, until puffed and center is just firm to touch, about 24 minutes.
- Transfer cupcakes to racks and cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes. (Can be made ahead. Arrange cupcakes in deep disposable roasting pans. Cover pans with foil. Refrigerate up to 2 days, or store at room temperature 1 day. Bring chilled cupcakes to room temperature before serving.)
- Decorate cupcakes as desired up to 4 hours before serving.