Ginger Iced Tea Punch
Orange and ginger are a refreshing flavor duo, worthy of any party punch or a special dinner party.
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 4-inch piece fresh ginger
- 5 cups cold water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Luzianne® Family Size Iced Tea bags*
- 4 cups chilled freshly squeezed orange juice
- Orange spirals for garnish, if desired
- Using a vegetable peeler remove 4 long strips of zest from the orange. Reserve remaining orange for another use.
- Prepare citrus-ginger syrup: Coarsely chop the ginger (no need to peel). Add the orange zest, ginger, 1 cup water and sugar to a small saucepot. Stir. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved, about 90 seconds. Set aside to steep for 20 minutes. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the solids from the liquid, pressing on the solids with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids. Place syrup in refrigerator to cool.
- While the syrup is cooling make a strong tea. In a pitcher, steep 2 tea bags in 2 cups boiling water for 10 minutes.* Remove and discard tea bags. Add the 2 remaining cups water.
- Add the orange juice, and the reserved ginger-orange syrup to taste, ½ to 1 cup. Stir.
- Chill and serve over ice. Garnish with orange spirals, if desired.
To enjoy this as a cocktail punch replace the 2 cups of cold water at the end of the recipe with 2 cups chilled white tequila.
*Alternatively, steep 2 bags of Luzianne® Cold Brew Iced Tea in 2 cups cold water for 10 minutes.