Back to top
Sweet Tea Vinaigrette
Classic Southern home-brewed sweet tea gives a distinctive flavor to this tasty dressing. It’s especially delicious on green salads featuring fruits – such as a spinach salad with goat cheese, strawberries and pecans – or as a dressing or marinade for shrimp or chicken.
- 1/2 cup Steen’s® Cane Vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 individual size Luzianne® Tea bag
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon shallots, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil or other neutral flavored oil
- Combine vinegar and tea bag in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Immediately remove from heat and let steep for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove tea bag and discard.
- Add honey, mustard, shallots and salt and pepper and whisk well. Slowly drizzle in the oil and whisk until emulsified. Use immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.