Back to top
Auntie Viv’s Chicken Pasta Salad
Diced gherkins and olives add sweet and salty flavor to this easy salad, which makes a hearty side dish for potlucks and picnics and can also be served as an entrée for a light lunch.
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 6) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 8 ounces macaroni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 large eggs, hardboiled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup gherkins, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chicken thighs in a medium pan and cover with water. Add salt to water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until done, about 20 minutes. Remove from water and place on a sheet pan to cool. Shred the cooled chicken and set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop it from overcooking. Toss with olive oil to prevent sticking; set aside.
- Toss celery, red onion, eggs, gherkins and black olives with the cooked pasta in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, pickle juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix until incorporated. Mix the mayonnaise dressing into the pasta mixture and season to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour; stir before serving.