Bacon Chili Cheeseburgers
- 1 Wick Fowler's® 2-Alarm Chili Kit, prepared according to package instructions using 2 pounds of chili beef
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck, preferably 85% lean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices sharp cheddar, American or pepper jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices bacon, fried crispy and cut in half
- HEAT prepared chili in a medium pot. FORM ground beef into 8 burgers, each about 1/3 inch thick. Preheat a griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add oil to griddle. Season onions with salt and pepper, then transfer to griddle and cook, stirring until lightly golden, about 8 minutes. Remove onions from griddle and set aside.
- SEASON burgers on both sides with salt, pepper and Worcestershire. Cook burgers on griddle over medium-high heat to desired doneness. Flip burgers, top each with 1 slice of cheese, and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is melted. Place hamburger buns, cut sides down, on edge of griddle and cook until warmed through and lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
- PLACE 1 cheeseburger on each bottom bun half, top with onions, then top with 2 slices of bacon. Place a second burger on top of bacon, spoon chili on top and add top bun halves. Serve immediately.