Bacon Lettuce, Tomato and Avocado Sandwiches
The ultimate sandwich for bacon lovers, made even better with sliced avocado! Look for fresh, meaty Creole or other heirloom tomatoes to add extra flavor.
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 8 leaves butter lettuce, washed and dried
- 8 slices Creole tomato (or other heirloom tomato)
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 pound bacon (about 12 slices), fried crispy
- Chips, for serving
- Pickles, for serving
- Toast 8 slices of bread and spread mayonnaise on each toasted slice.
- On 4 slices, layer lettuce, tomato, avocado and bacon (break bacon in half if needed).
- Add top slices of bread, slice sandwiches in half and serve with chips and pickle, if desired.