Back to top
Strawberries in Hibiscus Tea Syrup
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
- 2 to 3 sprigs each basil and mint
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 2 family size bags Luzianne® Iced Hibiscus Tea®️
- Special equipment: canning jars with lids.
- FILL clean jars with quartered strawberries.
- DIVIDE the herbs between the jars.
- COMBINE sugar and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- ADD tea bags to syrup, remove from heat and steep for 10 minutes.
- REMOVE tea bags and squeeze out all of the liquid. Pour syrup into jars, over herbs and strawberries, and close lids. Store preserved strawberries in closed jars in refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- SERVE over ice cream, pancakes, waffles, or with biscuits and toast.