Bourbon Iced Tea Punch
Part old-fashioned, part citrus blast, and all delicious. Freshly brewed tea, with its strong, fragrant flavor, makes all the difference.
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 large lemon
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Luzianne® Family Size Iced Tea bags*
- 1 ½ cups chilled orange juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- 1 ½ cups chilled lemonade
- 2 cups bourbon whiskey, chilled
- Orange and lemon wedges for garnish, optional
- Using a vegetable peeler remove the zest in long strips from both the orange and the lemon. Reserve the orange and the lemon for another use.
- Prepare citrus syrup: Add the orange and lemon zests, 1 cup water and sugar to a small saucepot. Stir. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved, about 90 seconds. Set aside to steep for 20 minutes. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the solids from the liquid, pressing on the solids with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids. Place syrup in refrigerator to cool.
- While the syrup is cooling, make a strong tea. In a pitcher, steep 2 tea bags in 2 cups boiling water for 10 minutes.* Remove and discard tea bags.
- Add the chilled fruit juices, bourbon whiskey, and tea to a large punch bowl. Add the chilled citrus syrup to taste, ½ to 1 cup.
- Garnish with lemon and orange wedges. Chill and serve over ice.
If not using bourbon, increase the quantity of both the orange juice and the lemonade to 2 ½ cups each.
*Alternatively, steep 2 bags of Luzianne® Cold Brew Iced Tea in 2 cups cold water for 10 minutes.