Back to top
Carroll Shelby Tomatillo Chili
- 1 - Carroll Shelby's® Chili Kit
- 2 lbs. - ground beef
- 1 ½ tsp. - coarse salt
- 2 c. - water
- 2 lbs. - tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and chopped
- 1/2 c. - chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp. - lime juice
- BROWN ground beef in a large skillet. Drain fat. Season with salt.
- ADD water and spice packet. To Fix It Mild, omit the cayenne pepper. To Fix It Hot, stir in entire cayenne pepper packet.
- COVER and simmer for 5 minutes. For thicker chili, mix masa flour with 1/3 cup water, and stir in. Add tomatillos and simmer, covered, for 10 more minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice.