Back to top
Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Caramel Glaze
1 (10-inch) bundt cake
Dense and delicious, this is no ordinary bundt cake. Brewed coffee, cocoa and tart buttermilk add rich flavor to make this an especially decadent cake.
- 2 1/4 cups sifted Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder + extra for dusting pan
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil (or other neutral-flavor vegetable oil)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Chocolate Caramel Glaze
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan and dust it with cocoa powder.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add coffee, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla. Whisk until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Tap the filled pan on a countertop to release any air bubbles and ensure the batter has filled in any grooves or indentations in the bundt pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Make Chocolate Caramel Glaze: Melt chocolate and set aside. Place water and sugar in a medium saucepan, stirring once to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook, gently swirling occasionally to evenly distribute the sugar, until it reaches an amber color.
Once desired color is reached, remove from heat. Carefully add heavy cream and stir until combined. Add melted chocolate and vanilla. Set aside.
- Remove cake from oven and cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn the cake out of the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely. Pour glaze over cooled cake and allow to set before serving.
- Use leftover Chocolate Caramel Glaze as a topping when serving individual cake slices, or place it in a resealable container in the refrigerator for use as an ice cream topping or for dipping apples.