Back to top
Cream Cheese Frosting
For carrot cake or carrot cake cupcakes, this classic cream cheese frosting recipe is truly the icing on the cake. Fresh orange juice and a hint of freshly zested orange peel add a tart, citrusy flavor note that complements the nutty flavor of carrot cake.
- 2 2/3 sticks (1 1/3 cups) (302.4 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 (8-ounce) packages (32 ounces) cream cheese, cold
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) vanilla
- 5 cups (477.5 grams) confectioners’ sugar, sift before measuring
- 4 teaspoons (20.5 grams) fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, freshly zested
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat together butter, cream cheese and vanilla until just blended. Beat in sugar in 3 batches until smooth. Stir in orange juice and zest.