- 2 cups – Sifted Swans Down Cake Flour
- 1/4 cup – granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons – baking powder
- 1 teaspoon – salt
- 1 cup – milk
- 1 – large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup – liquid shortening
- butter and syrup
SIFT Swans Down Cake Flour and lightly spoon into measuring cup for 2 cups.
SIFT together flour, baking powder and salt. Add milk to egg.
ADD dry ingredients and shortening; beat with rotary beater just until blended.
COOK on hot griddle, turning to brown on both sides. Serve warm with butter and syrup.