Creole Tomato and Cucumber Salad with Feta Dressing
Tomatoes are always in season somewhere, but when rich, juicy Creole tomatoes are falling off the vine in Louisiana, salads really get an upgrade. This simple salad takes just a few minutes to prepare and makes a delicious, cooling side dish to accompany hot, spicy barbecue and grilled foods.
- 3/4 cup Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese + extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint + extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill + extra for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Creole tomatoes, cut into bite-size wedges
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into half moons
- Maldon salt (or other coarse, flaky sea salt) for serving
- Make Dressing: Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, feta, lemon juice, lemon zest, mint, dill and garlic in a medium bowl and stir to mix well.
- Arrange tomatoes and cucumbers on a platter, drizzle with the feta dressing, garnish with mint and dill and sprinkle with the coarse salt. Serve chilled.