Because it’s full of protein, simple to make and inexpensive, a good egg salad recipe should be part of every cook’s repertoire.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, diced*
- ½ cup (2 ribs) finely chopped celery with leaves
- ½ cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise or Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- COMBINE eggs, celery, mayonnaise, dill, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- COVER and refrigerate until served. Keeps well for up to two days.
*Best way to make hard-cooked eggs: Place eggs gently in a deep pot of cold water. Over high heat, bring to a full rolling boil. Remove pot from heat and set a timer for 10 minutes for firm yolks. Prepare a large bowl of ice and water. When the timer goes off, immediately put the eggs into the ice water to cool. (Quick cooling prevents green ring around the yolks.) When eggs are completely cool, refrigerate or peel. To peel, crack on a flat surface and roll the egg on it, remove shell, rinse.