Favorite Two-Egg Cake
3 8-inch layers or 2 9-inch layers
- 2 1/4 cups - sifted Presto
- 1 1/3 cups - sugar
- 1/2 cup - unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup - milk
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 2 - eggs
- 1/4 cup - milk
- Sift flour with sugar.
- Stir butter until softened.
- Add flour mixture, 3/4 cup of milk and vanilla; mix until flour is moistened. Then beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add eggs and 1/4 cup milk and beat 1 minute longer with mixer.
- Baking: Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 8-inch layer pans. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes, then remove from pans and finish cooling.