Back to top
Frozen Sweet Tea Mint Julep
For lounging on the veranda, cheering on your favorite horse at the races, or for everyday happy hour, this frozen mint julep with sweet tea and a just-right bourbon bite is the Southern tradition for any occasion.
- 5 cups water
- 1 ½ cups fresh mint leaves + sprigs for garnish
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 family size bags Luzianne® Tea
- 1 ½ cups (12 ounces) bourbon
- Crushed ice
- Combine water, fresh mint and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil, about 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Add tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes; remove and discard tea bags and mint and refrigerate the tea until well chilled.
- Combine half of the tea and half of the bourbon in a blender with crushed ice and blend until slushy. Pour into julep glasses or a pitcher; repeat with the remaining tea and bourbon.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.