Green Tea Julep
4 (8 oz) drinks
Healthful, refreshing green tea adds lovely color and a hint of flavor to this classic Southern bourbon cocktail made famous by the great horse racing traditions of America. To make it sparkling, substitute 2 cups of cold sparkling water for the still water after brewing.
- 3 cups water, divided
- 2 family size bags Luzianne Green Tea
- 1 cup mint leaves + sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Crushed ice
- 4 circular lime slices, for garnish
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of the water to a boil. Remove from heat and add the tea bags, mint leaves and sugar. Steep 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and strain out mint leaves. Add lime juice and 1 1/2 cups cold water and stir well.
- Pour into cocktail glasses over crushed ice and garnish with mint springs and lime.