Guilt-free Turkey Chili
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 ounces pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more if needed
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package Carroll Shelby's® White Chicken Chili Kit
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, zested
- Cook turkey in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring, about 10 minutes, until cooked through. Remove turkey to a plate, drain fat and wipe out pot.
- Cook pancetta the same pot over medium-high heat, stirring, about 5 minutes, adding oil if needed, until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels
- Add enough oil to the fat to make 1 tablespoon. Add onions, garlic and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Return turkey and pancetta to the pot along with broth and spice packet (reserve masa and cayenne for another use). Cover, bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer 30 minutes. Uncover and simmer 15 more minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Stir together parsley, garlic and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Serve chili sprinkled with gremolata.