Guilt-Free Turkey Chili
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oz. prosciutto or smoked ham, trimmed of all fat and coarsely chopped
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 canned tomato sauce
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 1 c. water
- 1 package Carroll Shelby's® Chili Kit
- zest of 2 lemons, finely grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. fresh parsley, minced
- HEAT oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until soft (about 10 minutes); then add prosciutto and turkey. Cook until mixture loses all its pink color (12 to 15 minutes).
- ADD tomato sauce, wine, and water to the chili. Stir in large Spices packet, Cayenne Pepper packet, and salt to taste. Cover and let simmer 40 to 45 minutes.
- MEANWHILE, make topping by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve chili hot and garnish with topping.