Halftime Sausage Chili
- 4 T. olive oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 -ed bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 bottles beer
- 1 package Carroll Shelby's® Chili Kit
- 2 lbs. smoked sausage, sliced into 3/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 packages frozen chopped kale or spinach
- HEAT oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Add onions, peppers, and garlic; sauté 5 to 10 minutes.
- ADD tomatoes, beer, and large Spice packet from Carroll Shelby’s Chili Kit. Salt to taste. For hotter chili, add Cayenne Pepper packet. Add sausage to the pot, then cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes.
- ADD beans to chili. Mix white Masa Flour packet with ¼ cup warm water until smooth, and stir into chili. Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in kale or spinach and continue cooking until wilted and warmed through, 5 to 7 minutes more. Serve chili hot.