Hibiscus Iced Tea Slush
An easy, delightfully icy tea with a hint of lemon that you can whip up quickly for any meal or occasion. Slightly tart, lemony and sweet, perfect for summertime (or anytime) fun.
- ½ gallon (8 cups) cold water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Luzianne® Family Size Hibiscus Iced Tea bags
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Bring 2 cups of water with the sugar to boil. Add tea bags and turn off heat; steep 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags; add lemon juice and stir to combine. In a pitcher, add 6 remaining cups of water; transfer tea mixture to pitcher and place in refrigerator to cool. When cool, pour mixture into ice cube trays and place in freezer for 2 hours, just until they are frozen.
- To serve, transfer to blender, and blend just until iced mixture is evenly crushed. (If the cubes are too frozen, add a small amount of water to blend.) Scoop into glasses.
Freeze any unused portion in resealable plastic bags. When ready to use, thaw briefly, mash the mixture to break up the ice, and scoop into glasses. For extra refreshment, top with sparkling water, sparkling juice or sparkling wine and a squeeze of lemon or lime, or pour into popsicle trays and freeze.