Hibiscus Iced Tea Strawberry Sangria
Lightly sweetened Luzianne® Hibiscus Iced Tea replaces red wine, and sparkling Prosecco adds the fizz in this light, refreshing sangria. Add more sugar, if desired, and make ahead of time so the flavors can “marinate.”
- 4 cups cold water, divided
- 2 Luzianne® Family Size Hibiscus Iced Tea bags
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 4 strawberries, quartered and cut into cubes
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into cubes
- ½ cup orange-flavored liqueur or orange and cognac liqueur (such as Grand Marnier®)
- 1 (750-ml) bottle Prosecco
- Orange and lime wedges, for garnish
- In a medium pot, bring 2 cups water to a boil; turn off heat, add tea bags and steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and sweeten with sugar. Add 2 remaining cups water and refrigerate until cool.
- Cut orange and lime in half. Cut one half of each into thin wedges and de-seed; juice remaining halves and reserve.
- In a large pitcher, add remaining orange and lime wedges and reserved juices, strawberries, and apple cubes. Pour in liqueur and let sit for 10 minutes. Add cooled tea and stir to combine. Chill in refrigerator 1 hour or, for best flavor, overnight.
- To serve, fill sangria or large wine glasses with ice. Pour two-thirds full with tea mixture, including fruit. Top with 1 ounce Prosecco, or more, to taste.