Lemon Pancakes with Strawberry Butter
- 1/2 cup – whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup – small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup – butter, melted
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon – Swans Down Cake Flour, unsifted
- 3 – egg yolks
- 3 – egg whites
- 2 tablespoons – sugar
- 1 tablespoon – grated lemon zest
- pinch – salt
- 1/4 teaspoon – cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup – butter, softened
- 1/4 cup – strawberry preserves
PLACE cheeses, butter, flour, egg yolks, sugar, zest and salt in food processor or blender.
Process until batter is smooth. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold whites into batter.
HEAT a griddle until hot. Lightly butter griddle; pour batter into 3-inch rounds. Cook until golden brown. Turn over; cook about 1 minute longer. Serve with strawberry butter.
STRAWBERRY BUTTER: Mix butter and preserves until well combined.