Mexican Street Corn
In 2016, this recipe was the third place winner for the 3 Crackers Cooking team in the side dishes category, sponsored by Blue Plate® Mayonnaise, at the Hogs for the Cause Barbecue competition and fundraiser. Based on the tradition of corn sold at festivals and events in Mexico and the Southwest, it’s a great twist on favorite flavors.
- ¼ cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- ¼ cup finely crumbled cotija or feta cheese, plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon ancho or guajillo chili powder, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh garlic
- ¼ cup finely minced cilantro leaves
- 4 large ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- HEAT grill to high heat.
- COMBINE mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, chili powder, garlic, and cilantro in a very large bowl. Stir until well blended.
- GRILL corn, rotating the ears occasionally, until cooked through and charred in spots on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- TRANSFER corn, one ear at a time, to the bowl with cheese mixture. Use a large spoon or brush to evenly coat the corn on all sides with mixture.
- GARNISH with extra cheese and chili powder and serve immediately with lime wedges.