Muffaletta Deviled Eggs
12 eggs, about 6 servings
Bring some New Orleans tradition to the party. The famous Muffuletta is a sandwich of traditional Italian cured meats, cheeses and green olive salads on Sicilian sesame bread. These deviled eggs deliver classic muffuletta ingredients and flavors all in one delicious bite.
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1/3 cup Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons New Orleans-style olive salad, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons assorted charcuterie such as salami, sopressata and prosciutto, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash of hot sauce
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Slice eggs in half, remove yolks and set whites aside.
- Press yolks through a fine mesh sieve into a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine mayonnaise, olive salad, charcuterie, capers, lemon juice, celery seeds, cayenne pepper and hot sauce and mix well. Add the egg yolks and stir until smooth.
- Transfer egg mixture to a piping bag and pipe filling into the well of each egg white.
Garnish with sesame seeds.