Back to top
Nicoise Potato Salad
4 to 6 servings
Upgrade everyday potato salad with the flavors of that Provencal mainstay, the Niçoise salad. Serve this delicious potato salad as an accompaniment to grilled tuna steaks, chicken, fish or pork.
- 2 pounds Yellow Finn potatoes (or Yukon Gold)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt + extra to taste
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon celery, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 3 anchovies, chopped to a paste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Place potatoes (whole and unpeeled) in a large saucepan; cover with water. Add the rosemary, bay leaf and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Let cool in the cooking liquid. Once cool, cut into quarters lengthwise.
- Combine mayonnaise, shallots, celery, capers, anchovies, garlic, mustard, vinegar and black pepper in a small bowl; mix well. In a large bowl, combine potatoes with mayonnaise mixture and parsley; toss until well coated. Season to taste with coarse salt and serve chilled.