Back to top
Pimento Cheese Patty Melt
No need to find a roadside diner to dig into this juicy, flavorful burger topped with Pimento Cheese Dip and thin-sliced onions then cooked in butter – it’s easy to make at home and sure to be a family favorite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt; divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 tablespoons Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Bacon and Pimento Cheese Dip
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Chips or French fries, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil; when hot add onions to the pan; cook and stir until tender and beginning to brown, about 15 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Form the beef into 4 patties and press to 1/4-inch thickness. Season with remaining salt and pepper and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat; add patties and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side; transfer to a platter.
- Assemble Sandwiches: Spread mayonnaise on each bread slice. On each bottom slice place a burger patty and top with about 1/4 cup Pimento Cheese Dip, 1/4 of the onions and the top slice of bread.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat and add butter. When bubbly, transfer sandwiches to pan and cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip sandwiches over and cook until browned on both sides.
- Serve with chips or French fries.