Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
11 (4-ounce) muffins
These big muffins are full of pumpkin spice flavor with a burst of tart cranberries. A go-to for breakfast, coffee breaks or anytime snack.
- 3 1⁄2 cups Swans Down®️ Cake Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can plain pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups fresh (or frozen) cranberries, whole
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F; line a large muffin tin with 11 large muffin papers.
- WHISK together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt. Set aside.
- CREAM pumpkin puree, granulated sugar and brown sugar together in a separate bowl. Add eggs and melted butter and mix until combined.
- ADD flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk, to the pumpkin mixture, starting with flour and ending with flour. Fold in cranberries.
- FILL muffin liners using a 4-ounce scoop (1⁄2 cup). Sprinkle the tops with pumpkin seeds. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.