Back to top
Shrimp Rémoulade Pasta Salad
4 to 6 servings
Straight from the Louisiana Cookin’ Test Kitchen – One of our favorite appetizers, shrimp rémoulade, meets pasta salad in this easy dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning*
- 1 (16-ounce) box mini farfalle, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Creole Rémoulade (recipe follows)
Makes 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise*
- 1/4 cup Creole mustard*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cane syrup
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce*
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh garlic (about 1 large clove)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Make Remoulade Sauce: In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
*We used Blue Plate® Mayonnaise, Zatarain’s® Creole Mustard, and TABASCO®.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shrimp, red onion, bell pepper, and Creole seasoning; cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink and firm, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in pasta and green onion. Fold in Creole Rémoulade. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
*We used Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning.