Southern Potato Salad
6 to 8 servings
Every Southern family has a potato salad recipe – each one different but always delicious! A secret of potato salad: both potatoes and eggs need salt to bring out their flavor. Don’t overdo it, but don’t undersalt, either.
- 1 ½ pounds medium red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 ½ cups Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped green onions, white and green parts
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 hard cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- BOIL potatoes in a large saucepan, covered with water, 25 to 30 minutes, until fork tender. Rinse with cold water until cooled; drain.
- CUT cooled potatoes in 1-inch cubes. Peel if desired.
- MIX mayonnaise, celery, onions, mustards, pickle relish and parsley in a large bowl. Fold in potatoes and eggs and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- COVER and chill if not serving at once. Keeps up to 3 days.