Back to top
Spicy Marinated Chicken Wings with Creamy BBQ Dipping Sauce
Crispy and bursting with spicy, sweet & sour flavor, these wings are dangerously addictive! Marinate them overnight and serve with our Alabama-Style White BBQ Sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
- 1 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Crystal Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup Steen’s Cane Syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 pounds chicken wings, wing tips removed, and divided at the joint
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Alabama-style White BBQ Sauce
- COMBINE mayonnaise, hot sauce, cane syrup and lemon juice in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Add wings to bowl, tossing them to ensure they’re completely covered in marinade, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- PREHEAT oven to 400℉.
- LINE 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil and a rack.
- PLACE flour, salt and cayenne pepper in a large resealable bag and shake well.
- TRANSFER wings from marinade onto a platter or baking sheet. Place wings, in batches, into the flour mixture and shake well to coat. Dunk wings back into marinade and then transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Continue this process until all wings have been dredged in flour and again in marinade.
- BAKE wings for 40 minutes or until they are a crispy golden brown and cooked through.
- SERVE immediately with Alabama-Style White BBQ Sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.