Back to top
Tangy Collard Green Coleslaw
about 8 cups
The unexpected combination of shredded collards and a tangy dressing creates a slaw full of color, nutrition and flavor. This is sure to be a hit with any grilled or barbecued entree.
- 8 cups shredded collards (about 2 bunches)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 3 large)
- ½ cup chopped green onions (about 4)
- ½ cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- SHRED collard greens. Stack the leaves and roll them tightly into a cigar shape. Hold tightly. With a sharp knife, shave off each end into ¼-inch shreds. When the thick center vein is reached, rotate the roll and shred the other side. Unroll the remaining veins and tear or chop off any large remaining pieces next to the vein. Discard the thick center vein.
- TOSS together collards, carrots and onions in a very large bowl.
- STIR mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper in a measuring cup or small bowl. Mix well.
- DRIZZLE over the salad and toss until the collards are well coated. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- COVER and refrigerate until serving. Can be made up to a day ahead. Keeps well up to four days.