The Classic BLT
What makes the BLT a classic Southern comfort food? If it’s not the crispy bacon, fresh lettuce, and sun-ripened Creole tomatoes, it’s gotta be the creamy Blue Plate Mayo slathered on the toasty white bread. Either way, it’s a soul-satisfying blend of flavors and textures in every bite.
- 8 slices bread, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- 8 thick slices Creole tomato (or other heirloom tomato)
- 8 leaves butter lettuce
- 12 ounces bacon, cooked crispy
- Spread the mayonnaise evenly on the 8 slices of bread.
- Salt and pepper the tomatoes, if desired.
- Layer the 4 bottom slices of bread with lettuce, tomatoes and then bacon.
- Assemble the top slices of bread, slice each sandwich in half and serve.