Back to top
Tzatziki Chicken Salad
Inspired by Greek cuisine, a simple sauce of mayonnaise, yogurt and cucumber makes the dressing for this light and refreshing chicken salad.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 5 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Make Sauce: Grate cucumber on a cheese grater (or finely mince). Place grated cucumber in cheesecloth and squeeze as much of the liquid from it as possible; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add shredded cucumber. Cover and refrigerate.
- Make Salad: Place chicken thighs on a small baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Remove and discard skin and bones. Shred meat and place in a large bowl. Add feta, onion, eggs, cucumber and dill and mix until incorporated. Add sauce to chicken mixture. Let chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to give flavors time to meld. Remove from refrigerator and stir. Check for seasoning and season to taste, if necessary, before serving.
- When seasoning with salt, take into account the saltiness of the feta and olives.
- The dressing can be made a day ahead of time; cover and refrigerate until use.