Back to top
Carroll Shelby’s White Chili Roasted Chicken
2 to 4 servings
Use Carroll Shelby’s Chili Kit spices as the base for a delicious spice rub for roasting meats. This roast chicken can go mild or spicy and be served as a roast chicken dinner or shredded to make tacos, burritos and dips.
- 1 Carroll Shelby’s® White Chicken Chili Kit
- 1 to 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- One 3 1/2 to 5 pound chicken, washed and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Measure 3-5 tablespoons of spice mix from the Chili Kit Spice Packet; combine in a bowl with contents of the Chili Kit Cayenne Pepper and Dried Herb packets, melted butter and salt and mix well.
- Rub the chicken inside and out with seasoning mixture; transfer to an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Roast the chicken for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 165℉.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.